[T3] : Re: 1969 Type 3 Squareback Cargo Mat

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Fri Dec 10 08:52:16 PST 2021

I've not found the load surface gets too hot in our cooler UK climate, but
it certainly makes the sleeping bag nice and warm if you're camping at the
end of a journey.
When I had the 1964 Variant, it didn't have the thermostats that later cars
got, and when returning from the London boat show with a group of school
kids, one of them put the rubber mat over the outlet rather than ask 'sir'
to turn down the heater.  It smelt pretty awful until I turned down the rear
heat!

Dave
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club.