[T3] FI Trottle Body Rebush?

Max Welton max.welton.2k at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 07:35:48 PST 2021

The pump runs both when the key is first turned on, when cranking and in
Output Test Mode. I'm feeding power through a fused relay with a 15 amp
fuse. The ecu ground-switches the pump on pin 37 of the db37.

The pump itself is an in-tank unit using a Holley Hyrdamat pickup so I
can't really see the pump input being clogged.  One of the initial problems
I had was some high-resistance connectors I had used that caused the pump
to not receive sufficient amperage to make pressure. I thought I had taken
care of that but maybe not. I have pulled and replaced the FP fuse (just a
15 amp ATO) several times in order to crank without starting. If there is
still a weak point I could have disturbed it.

You can see most of the fuel system in the first-start video.

https://youtu.be/wc5FWl8FPBg

It runs horrible in that video due to several problems that have now been
solved, one being that the VR sensor was wired backward causing near
constant sync losses.

To paraphrase Mark Watney at the end of The Martian, "If you solve enough
problems you get to go home."

Max