[T3] CDI Marathon!

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Feb 6 12:51:22 PST 2021

On 6 Feb 2021 at 14:41, Keith Park wrote:

> I stopped using the Bosch points because they weren´t ventilated, and when the got that tit on them I couldn´t re-gap them properly.
> The ventilated points wear smooth, and those lubripoints have such a nice wick on them for lubrication and they are such a pretty copper plating

If you use a dwell meter, which gives better results anyway, the tit becomes
irrelevant.

I've never seen much point in the "ventilated" points. That might make sense
if they tended to get hot, but if they are working correctly, there should be
insignificant voltage drop across them, so no power dissipation and no
heating.

> But with the Mark 10, you wont get the tit and then they are probably the best option out there.

True  ;-)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org