[T3] Fuel Pump Relay - 69 Fastback

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 11:21:17 PDT 2021

Correct me if I'm wrong. Yes the battery is low and may be shot. When
checking for a voltage drop in one wire to the power relay one the pump
relay times out the only draw on the power relay is the ECU . The take the
ECU draw out  test the wire from Batt to power relay with it disconnected
at the power relay, I don't know what the ECU draws but doubt it's much..

 Sometimes the pump works and the engine runs and most times it does not ,
Why? Once the battery issue is addressed whatever is causing this issue
will still exist . Isn't it possible the ign switch run circuit does have
high resistance most of the time and when it does start and run just luck
it makes a good connection. That switch only has the start/run and run
circuit once the key is released.

 When running the starter this is the largest draw the battery will see and
even with a good battery fully charged, the voltage 12.6 it can drop down
to 9.5 volts at the battery.