[T3] Fuel Pump Relay - 69 Fastback

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 14:03:26 PDT 2021

When I checked mine a while back I unplugged the ign coil . Since this
issue seems to work sometimes and it runs wouldn't it make sense that the
ign switch might be the problem. It seems intermittent to me and they don't
last forever and it's a moving part.  We know it's not the relays he
replaced both with the same result. Seems  since the ign switch could be
the cause. I don't know if 69 has a replacement part.
https://www.westcoastmetric.com/c-1182978-vw-type-3-1969-vw-type-3-electrical-ignition-switches-harness.html

 It's just a thought and after what he has already checked and really found
nothing it might be a good place to check . Never tried to bypass the ign
it's possible to do as long as one can use a jumper to pull from the
starter circuit once it starts . Or for the sake of just a test just jump
the battery hot to the run just to see if the pump and relays have battery
voltage could even unplug the coil during the test so it will not overheat.