[T3] Fuel Pump Relay - 69 Fastback

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 11:15:24 PDT 2021

I was simply going by what the Bentley states. That's all I have for
reference. In testing the fuel pump Bentely states not to ground that wire
connected to the ECU it doesn't say all years or specify a year. I never
had any issues with the pump not running except once when it was the
connector on the fuel pump. I have no more advice to offer. The only thing
it seems I was possibly right about was connector T1 and it's an
intermittent electrical issue and only because it did work a few times.
Bypassing the relay 87 to 30 will only tell you if the pump and it's wiring
are working if the engine runs, it won't tell you anything as to why the
pump relay coil has no ground. The Bentley is fine for some things, not for
everything.

 At least I tried and in doing so made me look like an idiot offering all
the wrong advice.