[T3] Fuel Pump Relay - 69 Fastback

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 14:08:36 PDT 2021

I wasn't much help.

 Now on my 73 auto trans the neutral safety switch last week car would not
start in part , did in neutral. Today It would not crank in either , I just
kept moving the shifter and finally it worked. Now I need to look at that.
I don't want to get stranded somewhere. The worst part is the 2 lights
since the wires are so short . I  have another switch from a 72 . It may
just need cleaning and lube . If not it may be the contact on the shifter
and if it's worn maybe I can solder brass over any worn area. I can just
jumper the starter part , I'm not stupid enough to start in drive or
reverse yet the back up lamps also are part of it so if I can't fix it then
a jumper and toggle sw for the backup.

 It also leaks oil at the rear main. That's been there since 1997 when I
rebuilt the engine myself . I had the fuel injection wires off 2 years ago
to replace runner boots and vacuum and fuel lines . It doesn't leak while
running, it just drips a bit only when shut down. If this were not my only
mode of transport I would replace the seal and hope the FI wires are still
good . It's a big job removing the engine and being 73 years old does not
help . I just check the oil and add and very well just keep doing this.