[T3] Wipers

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Sep 17 11:01:56 PDT 2021

On 17 Sep 2021 at 17:20, bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> You could check the WCM catalog, or the ISP catalog and see
> if they offer an "early vs late" grommet.

I wouldn't rely on either of those for a definitive answer. Looking at the ISP
listings last night, I saw lots of things where ISP offered only one item in
places where I KNEW that at least 2 different parts were needed. WCM may
be better, but it's really had to know who to depend on.

As far as those wiper shaft seals go, VW lists only one part for all years, a
311 955 261 A, 2 per car. That must be a grommet, because flat washers
would have been 4 per car.This may be a later part that superceeded an
early one. It implies that the holes must have been the same diameter over
the years, but it's always possible that slight mods are necessary.

> The hardest part to get is the 70 only wiper arms. I only say that, as this
> is becoming a common mod for type 3 owners.

There was someone selling 70 arms on ebay a long time ago. He had only
one side, but he had a BUNCH of them. Unfortunately, he wanted a lot of
money for each one. Those were on auction for a very long time, but I don't
know if they are still there.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org