[T3] Rear Fastback Lid alignment

jadney at vwtype3.org jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Apr 9 21:47:06 PDT 2022

On 9 Apr 2022 at 20:44, Max Welton wrote:

> The lid stands about 7.26 mm above the surrounding body. But the slots in
> the hinges run fore and aft, not up and down. I don't think there's 7.26mm
> vertical available without altering the hinge.

Someone like BobNotch probably has more experience with this than I do, but I suspect you
can still get all the adjustment you need out of the slots that are there. There are a couple
things to keep in mind:

You are not simply adjusting the position of the lid, you are also changing where the hinge
ends up at its end of travel.

The lid edge is not at the same place as the hinge bolts, so there will be more movement at
the lip than at the hinge bolts.

So, go ahead and try things. I can see that one of the bolts in your photo is way off to one
side. See what happens if you center it up.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org