[T3] Brake Hints!

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 13:37:32 PDT 2022

As far as just flushing the rears. I thought just doing the rears did
something to the master as far as the seal location. All I read was to do
the fronts first.

 I see the boot on mine is a bit swollen yet I don't see brake fluid on the
push rod. When I replaced the under tank fuel lines a week ago I did see
some fluid near the outside by the rear circuit yet it's  not on the
warning switches or coming from the reservoir hose or MC grommet. It has
not changed in 6 years since I last changed the under tank lines.

 I'd rather get all the old fluid out then as I said before if the
bleeders  on the calipers break free I will remove the calipers and rebuild
them. I got seafoam deep creep and liquid wrench in the oil form.

 I don't mind if gravity bleeding is slow as long as all the old fluid
comes out . I read somewhere if you do slow pumps on the pedal to start the
gravity it helps. I don't have anyone to pump the pedal for me. I agree
fast pumping does a better job as you noted. Some do it using a hose and
bottle on the bleeder the bottle hose in brake fluid and it works yet some
air can be drawn in around the bleeder threads. Then there are speed
bleeders , I don't know how well these work.