[T3] It Moves!

Max Welton max.welton.2k at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 11:26:41 PDT 2022

Max

On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 11:34 AM Jim Adney <jadney at vwtype3.org> wrote:

> On 28 Mar 2022 at 10:32, Max Welton wrote:
>
> > This is probably as good as the idle will get.
> >
> > https://youtu.be/wqvKbl8qZJs
>
> That sounds fine, and the F/A ration is perfect. How about driving,
> crusing,
> and accelerating?

It has only been up and down the driveway so far. Getting it to idle was
the first order of business followed by the startup parmameters.

I was a little worried about the mixture. It was pretty unhappy at 13.5:1
and really sooted up the plugs. It got smoother as I pulled fuel, reduced
the timing from 13 degrees and fiddled with the MAP sampling.

I'm not too sure how MS times the injections. Interesting question. I'll
have to look into that.

No distributor. I am using a crank trigger for timing and an IGN-4 coil
pack.

It needs doors, windows and fenders before it sees the road. I had this all
sorted out when it was in my old squareback but the engine now has a
different cam and exhaust so I'm starting over.

Max