[T3] 1971 Relay Kit Revision

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Oct 2 13:33:46 PDT 2022

A few years ago, I designed a kit of 3 relays to be installed in 1971 cars to
take all the load off the unobtainable 1971 ignition switch. One of those kits
is installed in my orange FI '71 Square, which I just drove to Cincinnati. In
the course of that trip, I noticed that my clock didn't seem to be keeping good
time at all. Only later did I realize that this was because I had wired the clock
to lose power whenever the key was off.

That was a mistake.

There are 3 of you out there who have bought those kits from me. I'd like to
send you instructions for how to fix this problem, along with revised
installation instructions, in case you haven't done the installation yet.

Please PM me if you're one of the three.

thanks,

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org