[T3] Dist trigger points?

jadney at vwtype3.org jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Sep 11 22:45:04 PDT 2022

On 11 Sep 2022 at 17:57, Gary Forsmo wrote:

> If a person was real careful to isolate the "rusty" area, would using a
> "de-rusto" product like EvapoRust on a womans make-up swab (they are much
> denser, and not like Q-tips) to carefully pinpoint the corrosion area .....
> would that help clean things up?

EvapoRust would probably be useful here. I'd just soak it over night, rinse in water, then in
alcohol, and let dry. Then coat with something that will prevent further rust. For rust
prevention I like LPS-3, but I'd like to experiment with Fluid Film, too. Whatever rust
preventative you use, keep it off the point contacts.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org