[T3] Dist trigger points?

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 10:39:56 PDT 2022

I have the 72 auto trans dist and the 73 standard .
311-905-205AF     311-905-205AG
It really depends on which parts are best in each so I can make one out of
the best parts. I had the AF in this car and it worked well. Both are very
close in the advance curve to the 311-905-205AH . Basically it will be a
spare. The only one I rebuilt was the AH and that one had no wear at all. I
just cleaned and lubed it and replaced the shaft fiber washers since they
were brittle. I got the metal shims and fiber washers for Glenn Ring and
still have enough to do two more. He didn't have the smaller OD fiber
washers that fit in the trigger cam so I used one existing metal shim laid
in on the fiber one and filed the fiber to fit and used the original metal
shims which were fine then used a few new metal shims above the drive dog
just to set the axial play . If I recall I set it to .020"