[T3] got to stretch its legs

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Mon Aug 21 19:10:27 PDT 2023

Well I went to the hillclimb last weekend and took the square for the first
time since I put the 2056 in it, and finally really got to open it up and
see what it could do.  I was happy, it stayed quite cool!  While it takes a
half hour on the high way on a hot day to really get warm, in the 9 minutes
it takes to get to the top of the mountain the oil never got over 217 and
the heads stayed cool too.  It did quite well but unfortunately the car
needs a gear it doesn't have, 2.5, so the long straight stretch it just

Never finds its sweet spot.  Still, I pushed it a bit and it was quite OK
with that.

I did come to a conclusion about the Nexen's, they are an OK tire, that's
it.  Not as sticky or good performance as the Federals or Kumhos but
hopefully they last longer than the Federals and stay round unlike the
Kumhos.    The Vred's on the Notch did really well.

Keith

Topnotch Restorations

 <mailto:topnotch at nycap.rr.com> topnotch at nycap.rr.com

 <http://www.topnotchresto.com> http://www.topnotchresto.com