[T3] Mechanical Fuel pump kit

bobsnotch at aol.com bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Dec 15 12:36:06 PST 2023

 Just a heads up, but a lot of us with carbs have gone to using a low pressure electric pump. This is mostly because the pressure from today's new mechanical pumps vary so much. If you really want to run a mechanical pump, contact Pedro on the Samba type 3 forum, as he has the right pump kits or can steer you to the right ones along with telling you the tack up for getting the pump set up right for a type 3. I don't know if he still rebuilds them or not, but he used to do it on the side like Jim does for the FI guys. I know he did a how to write up (with pics) in the Samba type 3 forum on rebuilding one, but that was years ago (archived and will need a search to find). Sorry I don't have a direct link to it. But he did go over a few rebuild kits to point out which ones to use and which ones not to use.I hope this helps.Bob 65 Notch S w/factory sunroof