[T3] Head lamps on left or right a idle , turn signals lash fast.

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Jul 7 05:44:47 PDT 2023

Not sure what your problem is, or what you're asking. I suggest you re-read
and correct your typos before sending.

Are you complaining that your turn signals go too fast at idle? Yes, that can
be a problem at times, due to low voltage. Usually, a good battery will hold
the voltage up for a few minutes while idling, but only after the charging
system has had enough time at speed to bring the battery up to full charge.

Right after starting the car, the battery will always be somewhat depleted, so
it will need some recharging. This won't happen at idle; the generator needs
to be brought up to a medium speed for a minute or so to recharge the
battery.

You can test this by watching the voltage at the fuse box to see how high it
needs to be for the turn signals to work correctly. Do this by bringing the
RPMs up slowly while watching the voltage and the turn signals. Once you
know the threshold voltage, let the generator recharge the battery by driving,
and then watch the voltage decline when you come back to idle.

What is that voltage threshold for your car, and how quickly does the system
fall back to that voltage after you drop back to idle?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org