[T3] 73 auto trans type 3 ARR ?

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 16:46:09 PDT 2023

 I got new Intake gaskets from you Jim. I did this work at the end of 2019
. I cleaned everything and even sealed the IAD back cover gasket using
silicone on both sides. Let it set up the 4 bolts loose then when dry
tightened them. I replaced every vacuum hose  and the injector seals and
all the fuel line . I made certain the IAD lined up perfectly with the
runners , and had to bend 2 slightly.

 All I am certain of is that the AAR does work. Either I have a vacuum leak
at a hose or perhaps the dist has some issue. The MAP doesn't appear to
have any issues. Worst or all is an intermittent vacuum leak. I can call it
intermittent in a sense yet it does this most of the time, When I first
start it cold the idle is 1000 then depending could be 10 minutes or longer
than the idle climbs to  1400 in park , in drive I have it set to 1000 in
park so in drive when working it was 850. That's what It was not long ago.
  On todays drive it acted like it's old self until I got home then it went
back up in park so I checked and the AAR was not drawing any air engine
running. I might see if the AAR hose to the IAD is at fault , I do have it
clamped on both ends and it's a new hose.