[T3] 73 auto trans type 3 ARR ?

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 16:50:42 PDT 2023

I looked at all the vacuum lines and could not find one loose or bad. I do
know if the trans modulator leaks you lose trans fluid and if the line is
off the trans will slam into gear. I know this because once adjusting it on
the road I forgot to connect it, The plastic Tee is fine and everything
else. No leaking gaskets besides I replaced them all. I did order the two
caps for the breather box since mine are old and hard .

 I checked the dist and the rotor snaps back as it should. But that does
not mean while it's running a weight is not sticking. I have the 73 AG for
a 73 manual trans I rebuilt so I will put that in and see if the AH has
some issue. Of all the work I did the dist has been in there the longest
and besides it could use the trigger point cam lubed .

 That seems to be the most likely problem as far as I can tell.