[T3] Front Fenders

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 13:33:28 PDT 2023

The upper and lower "corners" of my '69 Squareback, left Front Fender are
showing "rot".

I may possibly have a source from Europe for "patch panels" for those
areas.  Confirmed availability & price is not known yet.

Question:
I did a (partial) restoration of the car in ~1986.  3 used fenders from
California & 1 from VW dealer in Wisconsin.

1.)  IF I can buy suitable "patch panels" that can be welded in, what
degree of difficulty is it to:
A.)  remove a left, front fender?  (The radio antenna & headlight & turn
signal light wires are in that fender.)
B.)  have the patch panels welded in?
C.)  prep and paint with the fender while it's removed from the body? &
D.)  reinstall?

Jim A. (& possibly others) is aware of my physical 2001 stroke-related
limitations.

Has anyone in the Type 3 group done this?