[T3] Gilmore Gathering Travel Plans

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Jun 13 14:58:20 PDT 2023

Richard,

I still haven't found the right opportunity to walk up the street to talk to my
neighbor and flesh out his recommendation of how to get around Chicago,
but I plan to do that tomorrow, when it's not raining. In the meantime, I've
been looking at maps and I have a suggestion for where and when we can
meet.

There's a rest stop on I-90, just north of Janesville. If you look at a map, it's
almost directly west of Milton. It looks like it should be under an hour for
each of us. I propose that we plan to meet there at 11 AM on Friday. My
Squareback is orange. It might make sense to top up our gas in Janesville or
Beloit, so we at least pay road tax to our home state. Right now Janesville is
a bit cheaper.

>From there we may head south on I-90/I-39 and then east on I-88. After that,
I'm not sure yet, but any of this is up for discussion.

FYI, our home phone is 608-238-1153 and Melissa has a cell at
608-630-4668. Neither of us has a smart cell phone. Let me know yours, so
Melissa can program your numbers into her phone. I'll have a GPS in the
car.

I've been slightly under the weather for the first days of this week, but I think
I'm recovering. That could change things if I don't continue to get better. I
passed one COVID test and I plan to take another tonight. I'll keep you
posted. Knock on wood!

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org