[T3] Back on the road

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed May 17 12:31:31 PDT 2023

On 16 May 2023 at 13:24, Jeff Palmer wrote:

> ever since ITMve owned it the turn signals donTMt ~return.TM  I have to do that
> manually.

There's probably a broken plastic part in your TS switch. I may be able to fix
it if you're willing to send it to me.

> Is that related to the high beam issue?

Probably not, but it the Hi/Lo switch is part of the TS switch, so it's possible
that something got into your TS switch and broke more than just the
cancelling function.

> My Bentley is at the cottage but I wonder if both these repairs would happen
> at the same time?

Possibly, but can't tell for certain without seeing your TS switch. Note that
you probably can't just buy a new TS switch, even if some web site tells you
that you can. They are available for Beetles, but ours are different. The
Beetle switches are sometimes useful for internal replacement parts.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org