[T3] On the Road Again!

Hal Sullivan howlingmokister at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 10:20:09 PDT 2023

On 10/18/23 17:32, jadney at vwtype3.org wrote:
> My dislike for our rental Honda Pilot has not faded. It seems like it was made to appeal to
> people who judge quality by size.

I volunteered to drive my stepdaughter's year-old Ridgeline to the Bay
Area after she had to bail on her visit with us and fly home to deal
with an emergency in 2021 (650 miles), and the more I drove that truck,
the more I disliked it.  Not only was it huge seemingly just for the
sake of being huge, it rode and handled like a La-Z-Boy mounted to a
bowl of Jell-O.  The mileage sucked considering how gutless it was, and
the seat was so uncomfortable I was stopping every few hours just to get
out of it.  Yuck.

The only good things I can say for it is it didn't break down, and my
phone paired easily to the in-dash system for maps and road tunes.