[T3] this was NOT the guy who rebuilt MY transmission

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Oct 25 18:01:49 PDT 2023

On 12 Oct 2023 at 21:24, Keith Park wrote:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p1wAGZVjbs
>
> Gee, maybe 45 minutes and I can do that!
>
> NOT!

Sorry to be replying to this so late, but I just had to point out that he showed
NOTHING about setting the shims to get the backlash right on the R/P
gears. He just says, look here, it's automagically good.

And nothing about checking fits of anything, or parts compatability. I wonder
if old tranny cases get oblong worn holes in places that make them poor
candidates for rebuilds.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org