[T3] Back Home

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Oct 29 06:45:25 PDT 2023

On 29 Oct 2023 at 3:16, John Jaranson wrote:

> We saw regular gas prices from $3.039 to about $3.499.  Diesel was as high as
> $4.599 and that was a station selling regular gasoline for $3.199 per
> gallon¦.a whopping $1.40 more per gallon.  Most places were between 70-80
> cents more per gallon for Diesel over regular gasoline.

The biggest surprise for us was when we'd pass a couple of stations on the
interstate, both with those tall price signs so the whole world could see their
prices. There would be a Love's on one side selling Diesel for $5.15 and a
Casey's or Circle K on the other side selling it for $4.89 or less. At the same
time their prices for regular gas would be $3.89 or less and within a few
cents of each other.

Since those big travel centers seem to be set up to cater to long haul trucks,
I assumed they would compete on Diesel prices, but, at least on the surface,
that didn't seem to be the case. This led us to wonder if Loves has a
discount program with the long haul trucking companies, that gives those
trucks lower, competitive, prices.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org