[T3] Back Home

Brion Sabbatino brionsab at msn.com
Sun Oct 29 07:36:15 PDT 2023

Last September I drove from Utah to the East Coast. I drove my Dodge D350 Dually first-generation Cummins.

Diesel prices were all over the map.

The large Travel Center Truck Stops are priced the highest. The drivers have fleet cards.

The Company they work for receives a rebate based on volume of fuel purchased. The average Joe receives zero.

I drove from Utah to Pennsylvania and picked up a new equipment trailer from the factory. Then on to New Jersey to load a John Deere and attachments. The next stop was Minnesota to pick up a back hoe. Then straight home to Utah.

The truck ran flawlessly except for one hiccup when the negative cable came loose from the battery terminal. It had a no start after fueling. Five minutes later, it was back on the road.

I was not so lucky on the next trip. The Transmission output bearing took a dump outside of Barstow, CA. A few thousand to get it back to Utah.

Currently building a new Heavy Duty Five Speed. Supply chain issues for quality USA made parts.

The VW content is that I can now haul any VW.
Well, as soon as the transmission is completed.

Brion S
Utah, NJ
1969 Squareback