[T3] Nice Timing Light For Sale

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Sep 11 07:57:45 PDT 2023

I just put an ad on thesamba for a Sears/Penske timing light. I bought it, not
working, at a local electronics swap meet, in the hope that I could repair it
and pass it on to someone who would like to do their own tuneups while
working on a budget.

This is the early model that does not have the inductive pickup. Instead, it
has an odd spring connector that you insert between the distributor cap and
the #1 SP wire. It works perfectly that way, but is a little less convenient than
the more expensive model with the inductive pickup.

You can see the full ad, with photos, here:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2639746

It's priced to sell quickly: $35, including USPS Priority Mail shipping in the
US. I can ship farther, if you like, but that will increase the price.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org