[T3] Northern Midwest Invasion Caravan

John Jaranson john at carartbyjohn.com
Thu Apr 18 14:33:17 PDT 2024

Jim Adney wrote….
***********************
Is it time to start thinking about our various routes to the NY Invasion? I
suspect Richard and Mary Spryer will pick Melissa and me up and we'll head
down toward Chicago, where we should be able to pick up any Chicago folks
(Lance?) as well as possible others from further west. Some might also meet
us there on their way up from St. Louis and points west.

If there are a lot of pickups to be met, we probably won't make it much
farther that day. So we'll probably pass under Detroit and pick up John and
Jill, and possibly others (Henry &
Gail?) the next day.

I'm guessing that means another night on the road, somewhere between Detroit
and Ticonderoga. That last day, maybe we can pick up Gail & Dave. Will Keith
join us on the way or meet us at Ticonderoga?

Consider this a first draft. Nothing is set in stone. Let us know if you'd
like to join this caravan and where (approx.) you'd hope to join us.
Jill and I have reservation in Ticonderoga for Wednesday (19th) thru Monday (24th) morning.  It is about 11 hours total drive from here in Dearborn to Ticonderoga.  That is just a bit further that we want to go in one day.  One option might be to plan to spend Tuesday night in the Erie, PA area.  That would let us leave here and meet up with folks in Erie (about a 4 hour drive for us from Dearborn.  This would allow us to work Tuesday and still get to Erie at a reasonable hour.  It would be about 7 hours from the Chicago area to Erie for those coming that way.  It would leave us about 7 hours on Wednesday to get to Ticonderoga.  A much more reasonable day of driving and we could pick up Dave & Gail on Wednesday along the way and anyone else that is coming from points west.

We are open to other options, but would like to arrive in Ticonderoga on Wednesday one way or another. <G>

John