[T3] Question about Wire #19 of FI Harness

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Dec 5 13:56:19 PST 2010

On 5 Dec 2010 at 12:12, Norman Roush wrote:

> I am finally able to get back to this issue.  I still cannot see any wire on the
> other side of the firewall to connect the #19 wire.   Does the #19 connect to a
> wire that goes to Terminal #85 on the fuel pump relay under the back seat.  If
> so I can just route a new wire from the relay to the #19 wire.

Wire 19 connects to a wire that runs to the fuel pump relay which is
UNDER THE DASH. Unless this car has not run since you got it, that
wire must still be there, you're just not looking in the right place.

Both wires and their connector are on the rear (rear is rear) side of
the "firewall." They just connect between 2 different wire harnesses.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org