[T3] Push-rod length...

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Dec 29 18:20:25 PST 2010

On 29 Dec 2010 at 11:42, Frank Meek wrote:

> Sometime back there was a discussion of brake push-rods and their factory
> length, which is inexplicably absent from the "factory" Bentley manual.  I
> don't recall whether it was Jim or Russ, but if that metric number is
> available, I would like to add it to my "factory" manual.  Thanks.

The number I have written down is 152-153 mm. That's for dual circuit
brakes, regardless of year. It might be different for single circuit
brakes; I don't know.

This dimension is approximate; the exact dimension was adjusted at
the factory to make up for tolerance stackup between the body and
pan, so it's best to not change it unless it's already been tampered
with. Dave Hall has the plans for the fixture used to set it. If you
really want to get it right, you'll have to make one of those gauges.
I keep meaning to do this, but I've never gotten around to it.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org