[T3] Push-rod length...

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Dec 30 14:56:24 PST 2010

In a message dated 12/29/2010 9:21:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

>  According to the Blue Bentley (61 to 67), there are 2 basic (starting
> point) measurements. The first is for single circuit  master  cylinders,
and
> it's 143.5+ - 5mm. The second basic measurement  is 149.5mm + - .5mm.

I think we've been down this road before. It  appears that someone
made a mistake in the dimension, at least for the  tandem MCs. I've
never seen a published number that agreed with the  untampered late
pushrods that I've measured.

The number I've  recorded for my own use is 152-153 mm.

I just pulled those numbers out of the blue Bentley. It's actually the
starting point for adjustments that the factory made to each car to allow for
manufacturing tolerances. It's measurement is from the tip to the center of
the  hole (to attach the brake pedal). You still have to keep the 1mm
clearance of  the rod to cylinder.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)