[T3] An old flasher problem I've never been able to figure out

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Nov 11 18:00:00 PST 2010

On 11 Nov 2010 at 16:57, Marklist wrote:

> Well, It didn't.  I made a trip of about a mile and it worked on the
> outbound leg but not on the return leg which was only about 15 minutes
> later.  Just on a lark I decided to try the emergency flashers for a
> second and they worked.   After this the turn signals started working
> again.  I just don't get it?

It's quite possible that a very light layer of corrosion on the 4-way
flasher switch contacts was the problem. That switch seldom gets
used, so the corrosion has a chance to build up and insulate the
contacts. Moving the switch a few times may have cured this for
awhile. You may need to do this again in about a year.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org