[T3] I don't know if anyone has noticed

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Apr 8 20:16:00 PDT 2011

It was the left I put on the Square.  Once I had the car painted, I blew oil
in the rockers, as I had done with the old ones, and the only reason the old
left rusted out was because it didn't get oiled for the first 2 years I had
it and drove it year round.  The oil I had blown in there in 1991 was still
doing its job!

One additional thing to mention, the early rockers, 65 and earlier, are
different, as are the rockers for all years of the Notchback.  These have
never been reproduced and are quite hard to find in good condition.

Keith

I bought a set of them from CIP back in the late 90's/early '00's, back
when they first introduced them to their catalog. I used the right side on
my
wife's car, and the left one on my 71 Notch. The fit was better on the
Notch  though. I think it might have been the stamping differences between
the
sides,  as the right side looked like it was shifted forward about 3/16ths
of
an inch. I  sealed them in epoxy as soon as I got them though, as that
would slow the  possibility of rust starting on them. On the Notch, I took
Russ's advice, and  only drilled the holes for a screw, and attached the
clips
that way, rather than  use larger holes for the clips.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)