[T3] bleeding brakes question

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Aug 1 08:31:28 PDT 2011

On 1 Aug 2011 at 7:30, crash 69 wrote:

> I'm a little confused on the gravity system.  How do you get the air bubbles
> out?  Please explain the procedure in a little more detail. I've always used
> a helper.

The exits from all the cavities in the brake system are at the top,
so air bubbles will always leave first, if you give them time.
Gravity bleeding just refers to letting gravity do the work, due to
the fact that the reservoir is significantly higher than anything
else in the system.

The pressure due to gravity isn't much, so this process is slow, but
it's effective if you're not in a hurry.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org