[T3] CV

Bryon Garvin spinningrooves at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 09:11:10 PDT 2011

> did your O.E. switches have yellow paint?  When I looked at my old switches
> they have a yellow swipe of paint on the corner mating the master cylinder
> and an Audi symbol in the plastic.

I haven't had my OE switches for well over a year now and so I don't
remember about the paint.  I threw them away when they finally failed.  I
know it's wise to hang on to old parts that you remove, but non-working
brake switches seemed like they would never serve me again.

> As for C.V. greasing see if you can find an adapter plate with a Zerk
> fitting.  It will save the day, literly, as instead of spending hours
> packing, a few pumps fills the joint and boot.  You do have to leave the
> boot loose for the grease to escape, then clamp it.  I borrowed mine from a
> machine shop but did not know where it came from.
>

> Sounds interesting.  I haven't seen that kind of plate.  I'll keep my eyes
open.

 - Bryon, '71 Fastback