[T3] bleeding brakes question

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Aug 1 19:30:55 PDT 2011

On 1 Aug 2011 at 20:03, crash 69 wrote:

> 10 minutes, that's a long time!  So, after you open the bleeder, are you
> then going to the pedal and pumping?

For pure gravity bleeding you don't need to touch the pedal, but a
few pedal strokes can help fill up the MC, which speeds things up a
bit.

If I've got a completely clean system that I've just put back
together, I'll do a few pedal strokes and then proceed to start
cleaning up my tools while the fluid makes its way to the RR wheel.
Just take a look at the bleed tube occasionally and take advantage of
the time.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org