[T3] rear axle nut

markw markw at wolfenet.org
Sat Aug 13 00:13:28 PDT 2011

On 08/10/2011 01:54 PM, Greg Merritt wrote:
> I guess I'm glad I've never used a torque wrench for this -- I just go
> for "really tight" and stop when the hole first comes around to a good
> spot in the "really tight" range! ;)

That's all my dad would do.   He used a half inch snap-on breaker bar
with cheater pipe over it.   Same with pulling them off.  I did find the
breaker bar out in the shop, still in one piece.    Amazing after all
the stuff he put it through.   I'm afraid of breaking it but I did use
it to do the balancer bolt on a mazda 3 MZR/Duratec engine, tighten to
75 ft lbs, then go 90 more degrees.   The torque wrench was clicking at
250 ft lbs.

Mark