[T3] Brake Calipers

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Aug 13 05:28:14 PDT 2011

On 13 Aug 2011 at 11:02, Dave Hall wrote:

> $25 a quart - that figures.  Most things seem to cost twice as much over
> here.    For example a new VW Jetta Tdi Wagon retails at around $35,000 - I
> make that about $10,000 extra, and we get the 1.6L engine for that rather
> than the 2.0L.   Still, that's what marketing is all about - we pay towards
> someone else's car, so they can afford it!

Ours was ~ $27,500, but the US now gets ours from Puebla, Mexico. Do
yours still come from Germany?

And, yes, ours came with the 2.0 L TDI engine. That price also
included the dual shift gearbox, which was extra, but no other US
options. There may have been other standard features which happen to
be options in the UK, or vice versa.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org