[T3] mirror adhesive

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Aug 13 15:17:56 PDT 2011

On 13 Aug 2011 at 10:06, Bryon Garvin wrote:

> My passenger side mirror lost the glass.  I have all the parts but it was
> hanging on by a thread so I pulled it out before it dropped out and broke.
>  Any suggestions on an adhesive I can use to remount the glass?

My suggestion would be to remove the plastic rim insert and replace
it with a bead of clear silicone caulk. Then press the mirror into
that bead so that the bead squishes out and around the mirror. Let it
sit with the mirror facing up until the silicone cures.

That's what I've always planned to do, but I've never actually tried
it. Let us know if it works.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org