[T3] Wipers

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 12:16:50 PDT 2011

Our '64 1500S had a rotary rheostat for the wiper speed.  I've still got a
NOS somewhere - I think it turned out to be the wrong part as the plunger
for the washers was the wrong length.

Since the subject came up about wipers ...
I had to drive in "foggy" conditions last night and the wipers worked fine.
However, when we got home I shut off the wipers before turning off the
headlights, ignition, etc. the wipers DID NOT fully return to the "Park"
position.  After several start and stop they still remain "parked" 2" to 3"
from the bottom windshield seal.   ???

Is there an adjustment needed?  I don't believe BOTH wiper arms  have
"slipped" on their shafts,  because both of them are slightly elevated.
Could something in the under-dash linkage; motor shaft; etc. have slipped?
Is it difficult to find if it has slipped?  Set Screw?

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Lake Geneva, WI