[T3] Speedo Assembly '67ish

Know One knowonelse at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 19 19:32:00 PDT 2011

> If it's a grey faced speedo w/trip odo, then it's a '71,
> which will
> have shorter retaining springs. The thing to do to make
> this work
> best for you is to install the '71 guts in an earlier metal
> housing.

Easy enough, I already have a ground wire on my housing so I don't have to rely on the springs for grounding.

> Yes, I think there's a small mark CCW from the stop where
> the needle
> should be set. Then you carefully lift the needle over the
> stop.
> Careful here, the needles can be VERY fragile.

Yeah, I know all about that, the hard way! When I first got my Sqbk back in '78 there was something that caused me to take apart the speedo and in the process of putting it back together, I broke off the needle. I took a wooden match stick, broke off the lightable end, and glued it onto the dial. It is still attached even though the guts of the speedo are messed up!

Thanks!

Jeff '67 Sqbk