[T3] Speedo Assembly '67ish

Know One knowonelse at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 20 13:01:12 PDT 2011

> I can't remember if maybe even the early housings had that pair of ground lugs on them. They may have, so that the speedo became the ground connection for lots of other things. Everything else got ground lugs in '69, but the speedo may have had them all along. <

I put some photos up on TheSamba of the speedos for comparison.

No ground lugs on my older one with a 6/66 date, and they are on the 7/71 one. I used one of the two attachment screws for the inner guts as my ground point.

I also show the difference of the spring tang lengths.

Just for yucks I show the faces, including my special/custom build needle!

Look for the title" Speedo Comparison 67-71" or photos posted by Jeff67sqbk in the T3 Squareback section.

Jeff '67 Sqbk