[T3] 65 Headlights

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Aug 22 20:05:02 PDT 2011

In a message dated 8/22/2011 10:11:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
topnotch at nycap.rr.com writes:

Hi  all,

OK. whats the mounting situation on the '65 headlights, do they  really
attach only to the outer SB12 trim rings and adjust their angle with  the
diagonal screws that hold them on?  Are they attached to the  bucket
anywhere?

The OE fenders are so rotted I cant tell whats  left, I have 2 NOS fronts
that are going on the car, one bucket has the  standard late tabs for the
later bucket/adjuster assemblies but one only  had a screw on the bottom
where the trim ring fastens and a mount on the  very top.

Anyone have a picture of the correct 65 setup and how it  works?  Want to
use
the original type setup, I have two good trim  rings but only the late
bucket/adjuster  assemblies.

Thanks,

Keith

Keith, it sounds like you've got 1 sealed beam fender, and 1 euro spec
fender. You'll have to decide which style you want to use, unless you don't
have  2 of either type. Personally I'd go with sealed beams (more commonly
found parts  available), but IF you have 2 complete euro assemblies, use them,
and find some  light bulbs to fit them. Note the euro assemblies won't be
cheap either. :O The  sealed beam style uses 3 tabs to mount the bucket, while
the euro assembly uses  an all by itself bucket/headlight assembly to mount
the bulb holder-light  assembly with adjustment built into the ring.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)