[T3] Lead Sled Floorpan progress

John Jaranson jaransont3 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 23 19:26:15 PDT 2011

On Aug 23, 2011, at 8:43 PM, Keith Park wrote:

> WOW!  Gonna make Manitou springs??

That is the plan.....will see how it goes this fall and winter.

I ended up getting some Duplicolor Bed Armor aerosol cans today.  Two cans did the entire underside of the pan.  I will need a couple of more cans to finish off the wheel wells and the engine compartment and the underside of the front end.  I need to get some seam sealer and do a few spots before I spray on the bedliner.

I liked the way it went on.  Will probably do the inside of the fenders and stuff with it too.

I don't think I will have a problem with the pan rusting.  It has two coats of MasterSeries, two coats of epoxy sealer, and a coat of bedliner.

Here are a couple of pictures....tough to get good pictures from underneath.

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/2011JaneBuild/JaneBedliner1.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/2011JaneBuild/JaneBedliner2.jpg

The car is a bit bottom heavy with the pan on and it doesn't rotate on the rotisserie as easy now.

Next step is to build a cart for the body and get it off the rotisserie.

Later,
John Jaranson
www.carartbyjohn.com