[T3] Crabby carbs

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Tue Aug 9 17:59:04 PDT 2011

OK carb guru's. have had the stock solex's on the crate apart more times
than I can count, super clean inside and every part of them has been gone
thru but if I let that car sit more than a couple weeks when I go to run it
again it will stall below 2500 RPM if I don't keep pumping the gas and above
that it runs rough (unloaded).  Its like the idle jets are all plugged up
but on BOTH carbs??  I pull the top off the shoot choke cleaner down every
passage I can get to and it runs fine, till it sits for a couple weeks
again..  Any ideas?  I know it needs to get out on the open road but that's
still while off and Im getting tired of pulling the carbs apart so often
just to keep it going.

I AM running a fuel filter just ahead of the pump too, in case there is any
loose dirt in the fuel lines to the engine.

Ideas?

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com