[T3] NOS FI trigger points?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Aug 12 07:15:49 PDT 2011

A few years ago I made a gauge to allow me to recalibrate used FI
trigger points when I rebuild a distributor. To make the gauge, I
used a dimension that Keith supplied from a set of NOS points that he
had, as well as measurements I made of the trigger point cams.

I'm pretty sure of my result, but I'd still like to check my gauge
against some known, unworn, trigger points.

If anyone out there has another set of NOS trigger points, I'd like
to borrow them. To make it worth your while, I'll offer to tweak up
as many other trigger points as you can stuff in a small flat rate
Priority Mail box. Each of us pays shipping one way.

Email me if you have a NOS set lying around. I may keep your parts
for awhile, especially if it turns out that I need to make a new
gauge. I'm assuming that won't be a problem since I'm not asking
anyone to steal a set from an engine that's in use.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org