[T3] Rattling shifter

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sun Feb 6 15:47:52 PST 2011

If it's all the time the car is moving and not when idling, I'd guess it was
better transmission of the final drive noise due to the tighter linkages.  A
bit of pressure on the gearstick might be pre-loading something that means
the vibrations get absorbed, but it's not good to drive with pre-load on the
gearstick.  See how it goes when everything has settled in a bit - you will
probably stop noticeing it or it may even go away.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club