[T3] WHY ISNT MY NOTCH RUNNING NOW!!!!!

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Feb 16 21:03:46 PST 2011

On 16 Feb 2011 at 19:08, William McInerney wrote:

> Yesterday was a nice day, so I figured I'd take it out to work and to
> run errands after, the car would not turn over. The engine turned at a
> constant...de, de, de, de, de.

Has it been rainy or very humid where you live? If so, pull the dist
cap and dry it inside. If that doesn't help, pull the spark plugs and
just dry their insulators.

Check the seam between the 2 halves of the fan housing. There is a
hole there, right in the bottom center, that gets plugged up with
dirt, but it's important for that to be kept clear. If you don't,
water will collect there and then be splashed all over the spark
plugs first thing when you go to restart the car.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org