[T3] Cooling...etc.

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Feb 24 20:29:10 PST 2011

On 23 Feb 2011 at 23:50, Frank Meek wrote:

> One of the glaring problems on the T-3's is the "drip" tubes and flaps
> at the bottom of the louvers, next to the valve covers.  These are a
> primary area of pressure loss in the system. He put a spring "catch" on
> these flaps to keep the pressurized air "in the system."

What would pressurize that air? Because of Bernoulli's principle, I
would expect that area to be slightly less than atmospheric. Perhaps
the thinking is that the louvers "catch" the air and force it in.
I'll admit that I've never measured the pressure there, but it would
be easy to drill a hole in the brain mounting plate to check this.

Later on you mention scoops. I've often wondered if they actually
help. That could also be measured.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org