[T3] Mission Impossible of 72 Fastback

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Fri Feb 25 17:55:50 PST 2011

On 2/25/2011 7:38 PM, Keith Park wrote:
> Id do the same, the harnesses actually come out quite nicely, at least on
> the later cars.  I LOVE your bumper mounts!  First thing to rust out on the
> Northern cars but in the south the salt doesn't sit in there year round.
>
> You'll want to remove that canister from your LF wheelwell, it wont function
> anymore anyway and those were a tremendous dirt trap that enhanced the rust
> of the stiffening boxes.  I left the clamp on with mine but the canister has
> been out since 1988.
>
> Nice work!
>
> Keith
>

> Top Notch Restorations
> topnotch at nycap.rr.com
> http://www.a383ina68.addr.com/radiorest/main.htm
> 71 Squareback "Hothe"
> 65 Notchback "El Baja Rojo"
> 65 Squareback "Eggcrate"
> 87 golf "Winterat"
> 93 RX7 "Redstur"

Thanks! Yea I was going to take it off before my body guy got it any
way. Yes our old cars have it pretty good down here. We have had the
most snow in over 15 years this winter. I bet we gotten close to 15
inches this winter. That's a lot for us we usually do lucky to get an
inch or two over the whole winter. Most of the time it just turns into a
cold rain by the time it gets down here.
Dennis